Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 1 in the life of a Working Mom

So today I have procured permission to have my 5 year old here at work with me while I attempt to get some projects squared away before his pending field trip at 12:00. Usually I have Meg-7 - my spicy, spunky, athletic, dramatic,chatter box and Gage-6, my sensitive, intellectual, thoughtful, playful, strong, pontificater with me. So this morning Linc -5 my little honey, mischievous, snugly, quiet one - UNLOADED!!! Boy did I get an earful the WHOLE 25 minute drive here. He says to me "I have a question. . . are earthquakes real?" Then he says "I like soldiers, they protect us from bad guys." Then "Can cat burglars hurt us?" Pretty deep stuff for a quiet 5 year old. Needless to say we are having a great time this morning. He is playing Leapster games in the back of my office while I cater him oatmeal from a packet, Capri Suns, and the last of the Halloween Pop Rocks. Life if good. . . .hidenzeke

No comments: